Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Seek Not

So far, this blog has lived almost a week in obscurity. I think I like it that way. For now, this is my secret corner of cyberspace. It’s a refuge of sorts. I can come here, purge my soul and move on – none is the wiser.

Oh, sure… I had expectations. My first blog now receives over 15 hits per day. In it’s heyday even more. Some are regular visitors, some are drive-bys and some are search word hits. The most popular search term? Thong and the plural thongs take the top honors. Dunno why.

I wasn’t going to link this blog from my others and for a couple of days that worked just fine. For reasons I can only begin to guess, I was compelled to tell someone while at the same time not… I guess it’s some sort of Machiavellian game I play on myself. Anyway, I did eliminate an inactive link and in its place, I threw this one in. It was just about in the middle of my links list – not exactly prominently displayed.

After another day I couldn’t help myself… I moved it to the top of my list. It has been there now for less than two days and still no hits from the curious or the loyal. Nothing. Not even a drive-by. And now… now, I think I like it. It all of a sudden feels as if that is just as it should be and I’m not touching a thing. I’m cool.

So is this growth? Acceptance? Maturity? Mindless blather? Yes, yes, yes and hell yes! It’s all that and more. Why? Who cares? No, no. Here’s my answer… Why not? Why can’t it be more? Why can’t I do anything, go anywhere and be anyone I choose to? There is no reason, none at all and seeking external validation serves no purpose. This blog now and officially attempts to seek not.

But discover.

2 comments:

awareness said...

Ssssshhhhhhhhh.......... Gee, I thought I had taken the A street exit and poof, I ended up here.

I will tiptoe, tiptoe, quietly as I go. I'm quietly in search of sleeping dragons, don't you know.

Interestingly Mr. Mike......i went on a long hike today with my dog in search of sleeping dragons AND a clear head (found neither). While I was traipsing through this field of dreams, I was contemplating setting up another blog myself.

I feel like I've lost my mask...and my writing is becoming more and more writing for others....wondering what and how they will react (mostly close family and some friends). It was bound to happen, so I was thinking.......hmmmm.......a muskie blog that could contain hidden thoughts.....just like a locked jewel box.

SSHHHHHHHHHHH..............I won't tell anyone where you're hiding. But, can I visit again??

Michael K. Althouse said...

Sure - and it's no big secret. I mean, I'd like for friends and strangers alike to discover it on their own, but that could manifest in a number of ways.

I'm glad you found my secret hide-out. It was getting a little lonely in here all by myself.

Mike